Turmeric is the most powerful herb on the planet. It is famous for its grainy texture flavor with a pepper-like savor which is present in an intense form of bright golden color. This herb is a complete package as it offers anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, antivirus, anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties. It is also called ‘Queen of Spices’ because it has all the necessary vitamins, proteins and has all wellness benefits associated. This herb has scientifically confirmed that it is as good as 14 drugs. It can be used as a medicine, as a dye, as a whitening remedy for teeth, as a first-aid, as a food ingredient and as an elixir to many many other problems.
50 Bollywood Celebrities Whose Real Names Will Surprise You!!
Its origin is not as such confirmed as many terms it to be part of India and some say it’s grown in Southeast Asian countries. This spice is known as ‘Haldi’ in Hindi, ‘Pasupu’ in Telugu, ‘Manjal’ in Tamil, ‘Arisina’ in Kannada and its scientific name of the plant is ‘Curcuma longa’. It is made by drying the roots and then grounding them, to form a powder.
It has made a firm place in Ayurveda from ancient years. It has been given great respect in our Vedas, by making it a ritual, in marriage ceremonies conducted under Hinduism. It tones the skin color and also brightens the color. With its unlimited uses, it can also prove beneficial for diseases like cancer.
10 Annoying Things That Roommates Do
- Turmeric water prepared using 1 teaspoon of honey, ½ teaspoon of the powder with a glass of warm water, if consumed on empty stomach every morning gives you a high dose of antioxidants and proves beneficial for maintaining a healthy lifestyle in the long run.
- Turmeric milk prepared with ½ teaspoon of the powder and one glass lukewarm milk, if consumed before going to bed relieves the stress, make the skin glow, improves immunity, helpful in getting good sleep and maintains proper functioning of the entire system.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to relieve and cure the wounds. It can also be applied on sprain to reduce the redness and as a first aid. It helps in reducing menstrual pains. It also cures minor cuts if applied on the affected area for few hours, as it is a natural antiseptic.
- The presence of ‘Curcumin‘ in the herb has proved beneficial in promoting brain health by boosting regeneration of brain cells. It helps to prevent neurological diseases. On basis of research, it has listed that the presence of ‘aromatic-turmerone’ in turmeric can result in increasing neural stem cell growth by 80%.
- It is also a whitening remedy for teeth. If applied as toothpaste, at night, can promote blood circulation improving the color of teeth, gums and curing cavities. The mixture can be made using ½ teaspoon of sea salt, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of mustard oil, mix all the ingredients thoroughly till the paste thickens. Now store the mixture in a glass container and use daily for 1 month to see the best results.
- It helps to prevent heart diseases, due to the presence of Curcumin. It helps to increase the levels of good cholesterol. Hence, promotes healthy working of the heart.
- It also helps as protection against cancers related to brain, breast, bone and the gastrointestinal system because of Curcumin present in it. It helps to suppress the initiation, progression, and metastasis of different kinds of tumors.
- It is a miracle for skin and face problems. It fights aging reducing wrinkles and making the skin youthful. It can also cure acne and make skin clear and glowing. It tones the skin by its every use by blocking the path for impurities.
- Turmeric tea is good for the proper functioning of the liver and also helps in treating digestive disorders.
- It also helps promotes weight-loss by turning white fat into brown fat. It helps to increase metabolism by suppressing the production of new fat.
Hence, Turmeric is not only a spice but it is also a doctor to its users. So, try initiating this healthy habit in your healthy schedule for a healthy life waiting for you, ahead…..